Wednesday 11 June 2008

Andy Burrows to play surprise acoustic set at RockNess

Andy Burrows is set to play two gigs in a day this Sunday (June 8) at the RockNess festival.

The drummer is headlining with Razorlight, but has added a last-minute solo acoustic performance to the bill.

The extra show will take place as part of a Carling Strike Cold Sessions, and will see Burrows playing a refrigerated lorry being used for the Cold Beer Amnesty, which is taking place on site.

"I hope I get paid in warm beer, I'd be very happy," Burrows joked to NME.COM. "I'm doing a little 'Colour Of My Dream' thing in the afternoon, then Razorlight are at 9.30, it's a busy day!"

Burrows said the festival set would be a departure from his first solo gig last month.

"The solo gig I did before was brilliant, I couldn't have wished for it to go that well, also I had a full band," he explained. "Sunday will be a bit weird, I'll be totally on my own. I don't even know all the words! [laughs]. It will be lovely, it's good to do two things at totally opposite ends of the spectrum."

The star added he was also looking forward to Razorlight's live return, and their set could include a few surprises.

Razorlight will probably throw in a couple of new songs, but it will be brilliant to get out and play. We've been in the studio for a while so it will be good to play live," said Burrows. "I don't know if I'll do any more solo shows, there's a few offers coming in, but we're full on with Razorlight so it's hard. There won't be many but it's nice to do the occasional thing."

See Carling.com for more information on Burrows' solo set.




Jun 8, 2008 at Rockness Festival, Inverness -
More Razorlight tickets